Alexander: Culture Development
A newly merged multinational drink and brewing company
To enable the executive board and top management to fully exploit the synergies created by the merger and develop a dynamic company-wide culture.
Following the merger between two prominent companies to form the world’s largest market player, the new organisation engaged Alexander to help instil a high-performance culture in order to execute an aggressive consumer-led strategy to further strengthen its position.
- To facilitate the clarification of the Executive Board’s goals and priorities, building on strengths and enabling alignment around the new company’s strategy and values.
- To align on the culture principles that would drive change.
- To create a more adaptive and open mindset, focused on innovation and growth.
- To facilitate better communication and stronger relationships between the newly integrated top team.
- To enable the identification and implementation of the processes that would consolidate the new culture and vision.
- To equip the leadership team/ HR and internal Comms with the critical communication and messages to boost morale and productivity.
- To help the top team to agree on achievable and measurable outcomes.
Alexander Programme Structure:
A two-year programme involving one-to-one coaching and team building sessions with the Executive Board, combined with leadership workshops and feedback sessions for the executive board and the top 200 managers cross the globe.
- Through role modelling and changing mindsets, employees became more adaptive and open to change.
- Better communication led to innovation and better work practices.
- Overall the company was better able to exploit synergies and accelerate growth.
- In parallel to Alexander’s work, the company introduced new remuneration and reward policies, which incentivised performance and led to stronger results.
Alexander’s programme instilled a high achieving mindset and new leadership behaviours that enabled the company to consolidate on the merger more rapidly and continue to advance.