A global financial services institution
As part of a wider internal initiative to accelerate the progression of senior women in the company, Alexander was asked to create a cohort programme targeted at high potential women with sessions taking place in the US, Europe and Asia.
- To increase the exposure and impact of these of these talented women with senior stakeholders at board level and within the wider organisation.
- To cultivate a diverse talent pipeline.
- To enable the participants to develop cross-cultural relationships within the company and to leverage from their own experiences and knowledge.
- To increase their self-awareness, providing the cohort with the skills, tools and also a platform for mutual support. These assets would ultimately enable the participants to become more confident and perform at their best.
8 -12 people
Alexander Programme Structure: a combination of:
- Cohort group sessions where individuals make new connections, share tools, discuss work challenges, leverage strengths and encourage each other.
- One-on-one coaching sessions in which:
- Skills, strengths and assets are explored and career direction is reinforced.
- Specific concerns or blockages are addressed.
- Mentoring: participants are paired with senior internal sponsors.
Outcomes of the wider programme:
- The profiles of the women and their achievements were raised.
- The participants felt empowered, valued and motivated to excel.
- A record number of women were promoted to Managing Director level.
- The participants forged valuable professional relationships across geographies.
- Powerful role models for diversity and inclusion were developed.
- The organisation gained a global perspective on the issues facing their high potential female employees and how best to aid their development.
The cohort programme was deemed a great success and the company are considering a repeat.