Board and Executive Team Development
In our experience there is a direct correlation between top team effectiveness and corporate performance. One of the most vital roles any senior leader can play, therefore, is to assemble, develop and sustain high-performing leadership teams.
Whether you are Chairman, CEO, or a senior functional Executive, your team is at the core of your ability to deliver your commitments to stakeholders.
What we’ve learnt
We’ve learned over our 30-year history of coaching at the top that there are several traps leadership teams can fall into. Here are three of the most common:
- They are unable to create a culture in which candour and openness is welcomed and embraced.
- They are often relatively ineffective at giving life- and business-enhancing feedback that can transform commercial and individual leadership performance.
- Consequently, they may be unable to fully unite the organisation around critical decisions or strategies, and struggle to implement with pace and to create the anticipated commercial value.
“Your team is at the core of your ability to deliver your commitments to stakeholders”
What we offer you
Having worked with many hundreds of Boards, Executive Committees and senior leadership teams, we have developed a number of critical capabilities some of which are:
- We are well practiced in the arts of being direct while respectful, understanding context and getting to the root of opportunities quickly.
- We enable senior teams to develop a powerful rationale for becoming a true team, encourage them to create a robust set of “rules for winning” and help them and their team bring these to life everyday.
- We help accelerate the individual effectiveness of leaders as well as shaping the teams’ culture to drive more candid conversations about the business.