Philip has been a leadership coach for over twenty five years and is a founding member of Alexander. He works extensively with executive teams of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 companies. He is a Director and Partner in Alexander, one of the world’s leading providers of Executive coaching. His industry experience covers financial services, global consulting, retailing and manufacturing.
Philip has particular experience in:
- Working with CEOs and their senior teams to develop effective ways of working and building relationships.
- Building and developing cultures that support the release of creativity and innovation.
- Creating honest dialogue between leaders and their people on the real issues that need to be addressed.
- Helping leaders understand their authentic and personal leadership style.
- Supporting leaders to step out of their comfort zone.
- The three critical conversations leaders must have to create high performance; Leadership, Management and Coaching. Leadership and Management can only inspire, coaching can transform.
- Developing leaders to become better coaches.
Kane Kramer, Inventor, Digital Audio Player
“Through my work as an inventor and CEO of the British Inventors Society, I consult, mentor and coach in the field of innovation and creative thinking. I help my clients to grow through personal development in the same way consultation and training has helped me to grow. My own growth has taken various forms, but none as gratifying or proven as successful for me as that growth resulting from personal coaching. I thank Philip for delivering on the promise of personal growth through innovative methods.”
Chairman British Inventors Society
His work is based on the following principles
- Leaders must be willing to change if they want to successfully lead change. Being a Leader is lonely and it is unlikely you are receiving honest, supportive and objective feedback.
- We are all a balance of emotion and logic; a great leader works in both realms to engage both hearts and minds.
- The role of a leader is often to come up with the right questions, not necessarily to know the right answers.
- The true spirit of leadership is developing other leaders.
- Most individuals have far greater potential than organisations manage to release.
- Organisations become shadows of their leaders and this demands that leaders live what they speak.
Clients Philip has worked with include: AEGON, Aviva, Bass, GSK, InBev, Kingfisher, Lloyds Banking Group, Muller, The Body Shop, The Boston Consulting Group, The Rank Group and Whitbread.
His work helps teams to harness adversity and build confidence to resolve complex issues as they develop the skills of High Performance Leadership Teams. He is valued for his supportive and challenging style.
Philip is a partner in Alexander. Prior to becoming a leadership coach, Philip was MD of a retail sports chain. He joined the Alexander Corporation and became a director in 1995. He then ran Sibson UK’s leadership practice before setting up Goldman Leadership in 2003.
Philip has studied philosophy, behavioural psychology, and ‘The Inner Game’ technology.
He is an accredited practitioner of the Emotional Competence Inventory (ECI).
Philip is a Fellow of the Institute of Coaching at Harvard Medical School.
"The coaching relationship is a powerful vehicle to make personal and organisational change a reality. I have been working with CEOs and their teams for nearly 30 years and it is a joy and a privilege to support leaders who are always pushing themselves to find their edge. I am constantly inspired by their achievements and efforts to be the best version of themselves"